Sunday, October 16, 2011

Accountability Report

Okay, so here it is:  my second accountability report (coming in just at midnight - hubby and I were on the road all day).  Here's the summary of my week:

What I've Done:

Finally found a template for my site that doesn't completely suck!
Wrote another article and outlined my next few posts
Installed an editorial calendar into word press - hoping this will keep me on track with my writing
Did some more research on blog marketing
Looked around the web for other blogs that focus on my topic (didn't find many - don't know if that's good or bad)

What I learned:

Blogging is a BUSINESS. I'm okay with that though, as I'm very business minded.  I didn't realize before just how much work went into this whole blogging thing, though.  I'm very much looking forward to the challenge of growing this site into a successful business.

I have also learned about email marketing and am currently trying to decide between MailChimp and Aweber for my newsletter campaign (I'm heavily leaning toward Aweber at this point).

What I plan to do:

Start posting on twitter
Decide on a mailing service
Finish up my business plan (still working on that!)
and most importantly:  WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment